Friday, July 28, 2006

Order from Stew Mac arrived


Amazing! My order was just processed Friday, and I received it on Monday. The items were well packed, and the receipt showed that they are a very organized company. Here is a pic of my new Sloane 12mm convex finger plane, Schaller tuners, ebony bridge, ebony headstock overlay, and mother of pearl blanks for cutting my headstock inlay. That finger plane is an amazing tool. It's also a very aggressive tool, even when it is set to remove as little wood as possible. My project, and probably even a new IV kit, is too thin to use a plane, in my opinion. I can tell that it's going to be a VERY useful tool when I start building from scratch and start with much thicker wood. It is a perfect tool for shaping my tone bars, I worked on them a little bit last night just to try the plane, and it works great. I have a lot to learn about how to set it and how to use it (how much pressure to put on it, etc) but that will come with time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home