Friday, July 28, 2006

Carving tone bars (cont'd)

Monday, October 17, 2005
*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!*&^%$#@!

I think I've pretty much ruined the treble side tone bar, have it so thin on one end that I think it's impossible to get the proper shape. The bass side bar is well on it's way to being screwed up too, but it's plenty big enough and I've stopped early enough that I'll be able to fix it, once I learn what the heck it is that I'm doing wrong. I think sandpaper isn't a great thing to use for shaping tonebars, at least for this newbie. I'm going to take a deep breath and a day or two off, and regroup. The good news is, a tiny piece of spruce like this costs almost nothing.

After reading this, I realized it makes me sound much more upset than I actually was. I was frustrated, but that's part of learning, and this post was an attempt to be somewhat humorous in conveying my frustrations :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home